What should I do if my Canadian refugee claim is rejected?

Rameh Law > Latest in Canadian Immigration > Uncategorized > What should I do if my Canadian refugee claim is rejected?
Canadian Refugee Claim

If you have applied for a Canadian Refugee Claim and it was rejected. Now, you might think that you can do nothing about this matter, but some options are available after your refugee claim rejection. Getting a rejection for your refugee claim can feel tough. However, you can still do some things after a Canadian Refugee Claim is rejected. In this guide, we will discuss some steps to help you.

Understand the Rejection

When your refugee claim is rejected, there might be some valid reasons. Maybe your evidence was insufficient, or you said something didn’t match up. Before taking any step, you need to understand why your Canadian refugee claim was rejected so that you can figure out what to do next.

Refugee Appeal Decision

In some cases, if your refugee claim is rejected, you may be able to appeal the refugee appeal decision. The division will assess the IRB’s decision and see if they made any mistakes. Refugee Appeal Decision has the power to keep the decision of IRB. If you appeal to the Refugee Appeal Decision, you must do so within 30 days of receiving a rejection. 

Apply to the Federal Court for Judicial Review

Another option is to apply to the Federal Court of Canada for a Judicial Review of the IRB’s decision on your case. If the IRB rejects your claim, then you may be able to have a legal assistant for applying to the federal  court to review the IRB’s decision. After applying to the federal court for judicial review, the court will review a decision and determine whether the IRB made a mistake in your case. You must have a lawyer to represent you if you want to apply to the federal court.  

Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA)

A Pre-Removal Risk Assessment can be requested if you are still likely to be sent back to your home country. During the pre-removal risk assessment, you can ask to be protected from being sent back to your home country, where you may be in danger. Fill out the form that CBSA gives you. Anyone in the family in Canada who is at least 18 years old needs to fill out the form. You will become a convention refugee in Canada if your PRRA application is accepted. You must leave Canada, though, if your PRRA application is denied. 

Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) Applications

If your refugee claim to Canada fails, consider applying for Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications. This application is based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, considering factors such as your establishment in Canada, family ties, and potential risks if you were to return.

Legal Assistance

Canadian Refugee Claim

You don’t have to figure things out alone. If you are looking for a legal representative who meets the above criteria, contact Rameh Law, an immigration law firm. Rameh Law is based in the GTA that provides strategic legal services in all areas of Canadian immigration. Rameh Law delivers results, as demonstrated by the fact that we have a record of successfully getting good results for our clients in various court review situations. We’ll look at your case and give you advice on what to do next.