Super Visa

Rameh Law > Super Visa

Super Visa

The super visa program is among the best and easiest ways to bring grandparents and parents to Canada. The Super Visa program, which can last up to a decade, offers an opportunity for Canadian Citizens and PRs to bring their families to Canada on the multiple-entry Visa as long-term visitors. The Visa is renewable after every two years. 

 If you are ineligible to sponsor your family to Canada for permanent residency, the Super Visa can come in handy.

​The best thing about the program is that its minimum income requirement is not as high as PR sponsorship. The permanent residency sponsorship MINI (minimum necessary income) is 70% more than Super Visa. Moreover, while the PR sponsorship program requires three years of gross income to exceed the MINI, the Super Visa requires only one year of your gross income to exceed the MINI.

At Rameh law, we can help you prepare your super visa application. Get in touch with us for information about this beautiful program.

Eligibility criteria for the Canadian Super Visa:

To qualify for a super visa, the person seeking sponsorship must:

  • Send your application from outside Canada  
  • Medically admissible to Canada
  • Be grandparent or parent of a Canadian citizen or PR
  • have a signed and undertaking from the sponsor:
    • promising to support you financially  for your entire stay in Canada
    • Listing the number of people in the sponsor’s household 
  • Be admissible to Canada criminally admissible to Canada
  • Possess a medical insurance cover from a reputable insurance company in Canada. The cover must:
    • Be valid for not less than a year from your  entry to Canada date
    • Be Valued for not less than  $100,000 
    • Have already been paid for 
  • Have copies of  the sponsor’s documents proving their Canadian citizenship or PR status

The sponsor (child or grandchild) must:

Verify that their household meets the Minimum Necessary Income ( MINI). You can prove your financial eligibility using documents such as:   

  • T1/T4  for the latest tax year or the (NOA)Notice of Assessment (NOA)
  • An employment letter—should include the size of pay and date of hire
  • bank statements
  • pay and employment insurance stubs